A new flowery top: Simplicity k1202

Hello and happy new year

I thought it would make a quick project for myself at the weekend. Sometimes it's nice to be able to whip something up in a day and be wearing it the same evening, especially when i'm in an inpatient mood.

I bought the material at C&H fabrics in the sale. I think the whole lot (1m fabric, thread and buttons) came to about £8 so not too bad and I have fabric and thread left over.

 

 

 

 

The top is a simple design with 4 main pattern pieces and a fastening at the back which consists of a loop and button.

I used a lightweight polyester as I thought it would look better with a nice flow and a bit of drape. Plus comfort and ease of wear is always a plus. 

The random pattern of the flowers also meant I didn't have to worry too much about pattern matching, yay!

 

Here are some in process pictures..

 

 

Sewing the stay stitching along the top edges. This stops the fabric from stretching while it is being worked on.

Below: View of the back before the button and loop was added. 

Next week I will be visiting Gladrags in Brighton where I will hopefully be volunteering to help make costumes. Gladrags provide costumes for hire for community groups and organisations so I cant wait to see what they have in store for me! You can see the website here

That's all for now, until next time

Michelle x